Monday, May 14, 2012

9 days out........

I remember when we scheduled the surgery it seemed so.far.away!!!!  And here we are.  Things have been busy but going well.  In typical Anderson fashion, Mallory had 3 ear infections within 2 months.  Her pediatrician gave us a referral for an EENT- shock, gasp- ha!!  Nope, just shocked she was almost a year before it happened.  But the good news is- their office has been amazing!  They have scheduled her referral for Monday, May 21st and if she needs tubes they will do it during the surgery on Wednesday.  One less time under anesthesia is fine by me.  I am so grateful how easy they have been to work with.

We spent the weekend celebrating Mallory's first birthday at the beach.  It was a nice small intimate party. Very relaxing and a good time.  Mallory seemed to enjoy the day.  Well, for those who know Mallory well, she enjoys every single day.   She is the happiest baby!!  And I am one happy mom now that she finally has decided to sleep through the night!!! Yes, you read that correctly.  She was still waking up once a night at 11.5 months.  I think it was paybacks for bragging about what wonderful sleepers I had with the first two.  

My stress is starting to rise...the planning of the next week or two is the hardest part.  When you have 3 kids its not just preparing yourself for surgery but preparing for surgery AND everything that the other 2 children will need while you are out of commission.  This week Mallory is with her grandparents at the beach- quarantined from the germs! :)  A special shout out to my mother-in-law for emailing me Mallory's daily happenings.  It helps me stay connected.  Her birthday is Thursday- so sad not to be with her but know she is in good hands!

I will be back on next week:
Monday- EENT
Tuesday- Pre-Op
Wednesday- Surgery

I will keep you posted.
Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment