Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Surgery Day

Good morning!  I know that several people will be checking the blog today to stay updated so I will try and keep you posted throughout the day.  Instead of creating a new entry each time I will just add to this one.

We arrived this morning at 7:00 am.  It was so hard leaving the older girls at home and I know it was hard for them to see us go.
They called us to back around 7:30.  They checked her vitals, we met with the all the doctors (there are tons of people involved today!), and they gave Mallory some of that "drowsy juice".
They took her back right at 8:30.  The tubes are first so I am sure we will hear something soon about that.

Sorry- I haven't been good at updating.  The surgery is all done.  Doctor said everything went as expected- no complications.  Thanks so much for all the well wishes and prayers.  We get to see her in about 30 minutes.


Things have been going well since my last update.

At about 1:20 they called for us to come back.  When they wheeled her out of surgery she looked so much better than I thought she would.  I am not sure what I was expecting but she looked good.  She was sucking so hard on the bottle of sugar water no one had to hold it for her- it was just sticking out of her mouth!  It was too stinking cute.

They took her to a room where an immediate team of doctors and nurses came in for the exchange.  There were a lot of medical terms being thrown back and forth......I was starting to feel like I was on an episode of Grey's Anatomy!  But they were very thorough and explained what the rest of the day would look like.

She has basically been sleeping the day away as a result of the surgery and with some help from morphine of course.  I haven't been able to hold her yet because of all the tubes and the arm splints but once we are released from the PICU tomorrow and moved to a regular room I can hug my baby again- can't wait!!

I will make a new post tomorrow and let you know how she is recovering.  Thanks for reading!

Here are some pics:  Pre-surgery on the drowsy juice and wheeling out of surgery- too cute right?




1 comment: